October 19, 2012

Beading In Progress





So, I'm making headway on my little project here. I've decided it's going to be a bag I'm giving to a loved one. Since they don't know about it, I'll keep that part to myself for the moment. The front rosette is pretty much done, unless I decide to add a trim/border. And the back is the person's Cherokee name, and I'm just starting to add decorative beaded triangles as a surrounding border to the name. So far, I'm pretty happy with it, although it's hard to look and see the mistakes. Beadwork is something that once you get much past the beads you're actually laying down, it's hard to go back and correct mistakes without ripping out your work. So, it's all a learning curve, but I'm having fun with it. I'll post the finished bag when I get it finished.

No comments: