March 1, 2010

Gotta Start Somewhere

   So, I've been enjoying reading people's blogs for quite a while now. A few good friends write blogs about their families and their travels. And I've read countless artists blogs that share their artwork, thoughts on creativity, challenges to other artists, and the daily ins and outs of the creative journey. As time has passed and I've gotten so much out of reading these blogs, it has forced me to think about my own voice and what I might have to say out in the Blogosphere. I like the idea of sharing my artwork with other artists, and bouncing different ideas off of people who have different perspectives and can see things differently from me. I enjoy so many different outlets for my creativity, and one of them that I've not invested much time in lately is writing. I love writing. I love the power of the written word. And when paired with images, it is to me the ultimate in expressing visual art. So blogging is a natural step for me to take I think. As I begin this, I'm not really sure what to expect. I feel a little hesitant to write very personal things, but I also think about how much I've gleaned from other people's transparency. I want to share my work and also my own personal side projects. And I want a place to be able to release all of those internal thoughts and ideas about the things I love and the things that move me. I'm not sure how often I should post, or if there even is a "should." And to the question of how vulnerable and transparent to be, I guess that's a journey I will have to walk one step at a time. These things usually reveal themselves in the moment I've noticed. My hope is that this new project, this blog, will grow and develop naturally and organically, without much premeditation. And that it will be an honest and authentic telling of my creative journey, and the other parts of my journey I decide to share. I go into it excited about the possibilities and blind to what to expect. But that's part of the fun of it. So, every journey begins with a first step. And this one starts right here.

No comments: